Who is Processing Your Personal Data?
- WRM Media Ltd (“WRM”, “we”, ”us”, “our”) is the registered owner of these prize draw service websites and owns
all rights, including the sites’ respective IP, copyrights and trademarks. We are registered with The
Information Commissioner's Office in the United Kingdom (“The ICO”) as a Data Controller and Data Processor
following websites owned and operated by us (collectively to be called “the sites”):
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Personal Data
- WRM is committed to protecting your data. We collect your personal data to help us understand your needs and
guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about ours, and our trusted third parties (subject
to your consent) products and services. We ensure policies and procedures are in place to protect the data you
provide when registering to our sites, and we process it in order to provide you with the services you have
requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you'll
find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers. We work within the guidelines
and advice provided by and made available by the Information Commissioner's Office, the regulator of the Data
Protection Act 1998 and abide by the ICO’s requirements.
- We seek to fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC
Directive) Regulations 2003, the Electronic EU Regulations 2011 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations
(GDPR). If you wish to find out more, please visit https://ico.org.uk/
- This Policy sets out how we manage, use and protect your personal data collected while using our sites.
stated within the registration opt-in definition, and only where we have obtained your prior active consent.
Consent is obtained using clear and specific statements that are prominently displayed as part of the
registration process on the sites, and can be withdrawn at any time by you.
Our Purpose for Processing Your Personal Data
- WRM has 3 main business purposes:
- To manage the participation of the registered individual in draws and/or promotions organised by us
- To meet the purposes of funding our free websites. The commercial use of our competition website prizes
are mainly funded by advertising and through the sending of commercial communications of named third
parties, market and/or product/item reviews etc. To this end, it is necessary to submit the data of a
consumer that registers on our site (“registered individual”) to standardisation, filtering and
verification. The categories and methods of marketing communication which the registered individual’s
may receive will be determined, subject to their active consent. All Companies and Partners are listed
on our site, prior to registering.
- To communicate, (via email, telephone or the chosen contact method) the data of interest to WRM selected
companies and trusted partners (“named third party companies”). Advertising will be sent by these named
third party companies, subject to explicit, active consent by the registered individual prior to signing
up or registering to our websites
- We will minimize the data and process it only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in
relation to the purposes stated above, in accordance with Art. 5 (1), (c) of the GDPR);
Our Legitimization for Processing Your Personal Data
- The basis of legitimization for the purposes of our processing is:
- To manage the participation of the registered individual in draws, promotions and/or device testing
campaigns organised by WRM as promoted directly via its owned sites, including marketing directly by us;
- For the fulfilment of a contract with selected Companies and trusted Partners;
- To carry out third party advertising campaigns / market studies by us where consent has been obtained
from the registered individual; and
- To communicate the registered individual’s data to companies, organisations and/or entities interested
that they have actively consented to, in carrying out advertising campaigns / market studies
Collection and Use of Your personal data
- We collect your details when you register on one of our websites. ‘Personal data’ means the information you
provide during the registration process and any information you provide when entering prize draws, quizzes,
surveys or competitions. Registration is required to participate in any of the branded surveys on the site,
however merely browsing does not require registration.
- The categories of personal data we may collect from you upon registration of via visiting our website:
- Your name
- Your title
- Your date of birth
- Your contact information, including email and phone numbers
- Demographic information
- Your address and postcode
- Your IP address or other online identifiers such as Cookies
Use of Your Personal Data
- We use your personal data collected via the WRM sites to:
- Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
- Provide you with a more personalised service
- Conduct market research
- Run prize draws and promotions
- Pass on your details to selected Companies and Trusted Partners which provide you with other offers and
promotions of interest to you
- For analysis purposes or to build data products. In these instances, the information is aggregated and
wherever possible anonymised in line with the ICO’s code of practice. Again, these products are of a
- We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors that will process data on our behalf (we
retail full responsibility) for ensuring the data processor complies with this policy and all current data
- Depending on the consents that you set up at the time of registration and what personal data we hold about you,
we may pass your personal data to our partners who may contact you by post, email, SMS and telephone for direct
- Email and Telephone/SMS data will only be released to third parties where you have given your positive consent
(usually at the time of registration) allowing you to fully understand your registration preferences.
- You can change or update your communication preferences at any time
- Telephone data will only be released to carefully selected partners where it has been TPS’d (see ‘Opting Out’
below). Note: if you request a call from one of our sponsors or brand partners this will override the TPS.
- We will only store your data in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. To read our Policy, click here.
Profile Matching (aka Profiling)
- To enhance the services we provide, we aim to match your profile to third companies that we determine from
analysis that will have goods or services that would be of interest to you. It makes sense for us to ensure that
you only receive offers that are relevant to you and fit within the context of your lifestyle and available
- The data that we provide to our third parties may be added to the information that they already hold about you.
As an example, a car insurance company will check whether you have been a customer of theirs before. This is to
ensure that they provide the right types of products, services and pricing to you.
- When first contacting you, they always will seek your appropriate opt in and consent.
- Data sharing in this way allows them to contact you in their own name about their products, services,
promotions, offers and competitions, and/or to update their records for fraud prevention, debt tracing and
anti-money laundering purposes.
Marketing to Children
- We do not knowingly, deliberately or aim to, collect personal data from children under the age of 18, either for
registration or for marketing purposes.
Our Partners and their Industry Sectors
- Our trusted Partners, both sponsors of the site and particular surveys, may wish to contact you based on your
profile, but will only do so subject to your consent and preferences. They operate within the following industry
- Claims Management
- Competitions and Prizes
- Fast Moving Commerical Goods (FMCG)
- Financial Products
- Health and Beauty
- Life assurance
- Mail Order
- Mis-sold financial products
- Pre-paid Funeral Plans
- Public Sector
- Retail & lifestyle
You are in Control
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
- Our registration forms will always have an unticked box for third party marketing, which you can optionally
select to allow your personal data to be sent to our partners for direct marketing purposes.
- You can control the channels of which you receive marketing, whether by email, phone, SMS or post by selecting
the appropriate unticked box in our website forms, which determine the method by which you wish to be contacted.
- Where consent has been previous obtained to us or our trusted partners to using your personal data for direct
marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by going to the Marketing Preferences section of the
website or emailing our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
- You have the right to:
- Obtain access to your personal data;
- Receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data;
- Prevent processing which may cause you damage or distress;
- Object to direct marketing and select the contact channels by which we market
- Object to purely automated decision-making in certain cases;
- You have the right to seek compensation through the civil courts for a breach of a data controller’s
- Ask us to correct any errors and/or delete the information we hold;
- Be forgotten by requesting all personal data collected from you, by us, be deleted completely from our
database, systems and servers *;
- Opt out of any further contact by us or selected brand partners or sponsors;
- Be notified in the event of a data breach, where data lost or stolen involves your personal data; and
- Write to, report, or complain to your relevant supervisory authority, depending on your EU Member State
(example, for UK data subjects, it is the ICO).
- If you would like to amend/delete details or contact us in relation to the above, please contact using the
‘Contact Us’ page, alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Data and our Data Partners
- Your 'Registration Details' (and other details depending on which activities you chose to participate in on the
Site) may be shared, by way of either single or multiple use data licences, with selected partners who may then
contact you by email, telephone, SMS or post depending on the consents that you supplied us at the time of
registration or subsequently.
- We usually only permit Data Partners to use these details to contact you for a pre-specified limited period.
They, like us, are obliged to comply with all relevant data protection requirements regarding their holding and
use of these details including screening (according to the method used to contact you) against the Telephone
Preference Service (TPS) and Mailing Preference Service (MPS) prior to use. Your IP address during registration
(see 'Cookies' section 46 for more details) may also be shared with our partners for the purpose of validation.
- Participating Data Partners may also use your personal data for the purposes of fraud prevention, e.g.:
anti-money-laundering and debt tracing according to their privacy policies.
- To understand more please click through to the websites of the companies below. If you'd like more information
about our sponsors, please visit our sponsors page. A selection of our partners are listed below:
- Allay Claims
- Apollo Digital Ads
- Assisting Claims Ltd
- Bitstacker Ltd
- Call Credit Group
- Callcredit Information Group
- Carphone Warehouse
- Claims Helpdesk Ltd
- Claims Management Partnership llp
- Clarity Life Insurance Brokers
- Club La Costa (UK) Plc t/a CLC World Resorts & Hotels
Competitions Pty Ltd
- Core Financial Support Services Ltd
- CPS Advisory Ltd
- Crystal Prospects
- Crystal Reviews Ltd
- DL UK Limited
- Easy Claims Collection Ltd.
- First Line Finance
- Foxy Casino
- Go Life Protect
- HALL AND HANLEY LTD
- Hatchster Ltd
- Henry Goldstein t/a The PPI Claims Team
- Herriard Financial
- Homeshield Direct Ltd
- HRI (Heart Research Institute)
Independent Financial Matters Ltd
- Ineffable Limited t/a Chosen Money
- K.M & L SOLUTIONS LIMITED
- LAA (Londons Air Ambulance)
- Ladbrokes, Gala, Coral
- Landmark Marketing Services
- Lepus Marketing t/a The PPI Team
- MAA (Midlands Air Ambulance)
- Marketing Punch
- Medonia Marketing
- Met Office
- Mobivate Limited
- OCTOPUS ENERGY
- Octopus Investments
- OVO Energy Ltd
- Pearl Mortgage Solutions
- Precision Financial
- Prime Gaming
- Promis Life
- Reclaim Finance
- Renew Financial Management (PFP)
- Restoration Media
- Results Generation
- S Aston Investments Ltd
- Scottish Power
- Smart Protect Ltd
- Sovereign Planning Ltd.
- Spark Energy Ltd
- Targeted Response UK
Tax Returned Limited
- TEXT GLOBAL MEDIA LIMITED
The Affiliate People
- The Mighty Marketing Group
- TPD Wealth Management Ltd
- Verso Group
- We Insure Ltd
- Weather Wherever
- Whitehouse Insurance
Entering a Prize Draw
- Your Registration Details, that you submit when entering the competition will be used to administer the
competition and as follows:
- If you enter a prize draw which is sponsored by us, this personal data may be, subject to your consent, shared
with our Data Partners.
Opting In / Opting Out
- You have the option of Opting In or Out of receiving marketing communications from ourselves and our partners at
any time, including at registration.
- When registering your details, your permission will be sought to:
- Receive offers and updates by email, telephone and post from selected third party companies which we
believe will be of interest.
- Agree that our trusted partners may contact you with more interesting offers by telephone.
- You will be required to acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to our terms prior to
- WRM will always remain transparent in disclosing how we intend to process your data, and where your data may be
passed on, subject to your consent and preferences upon registration. All companies and partners we work with
will be named, and the categories in which they operate in will be made available to you. These opt-ins are
optional and only when you put a tick in the box will you consent to receive additional marketing communication.
- You may change your preferences at any time via the “Account Details” pages once you are registered.
- Third-party providers are able to send you communications via email, post, SMS or telephone only until such time
as you exercise your right to opt out of receiving such communications. However please be aware that marketing
campaigns are often planned well in advance, so your changes will be accepted immediately, but may not be
Opting Out – Additional Information
- You can unsubscribe or opt out from any communications from our scheme or any third-party brand at any time as
indicated above, but you may also wish to consider the following for a more general Opt-Out.
Opting Out – Postal Contact
You can withdraw your consent for postal marketing from anyone by adding your details to the Mail Preference
Service. For more details please go to www.mpsonline.org.uk
Opting Out – Email or SMS (text message) Contact
You can unsubscribe from receiving e-mail or SMS marketing communications from any individual third-party by
using the instructions in any email communication such third-party sends you (usually an ‘unsubscribe’ or
Opting Out – Telephone calls
To withdraw your consent for live or automated calls from anyone, you can add your name to the Telephone
Preference Service which is maintained at this website address: www.tpsonline.org.uk
Opting Out – Social Media
You can configure your advertising preferences on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or
Pinterest by accessing your settings or preference options on the relevant platform.
Data Safety Outside the European Union
- You should be aware that some external data processors may be based outside the European Union, whose laws
provide a different standard of protection than that provided under English law. We will not release your data
to a non-EU country processor without performing proper due diligence as to the standards of data protection
within the specified country and proof of compliance with the standards of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and
other relevant legislation. Such requirements will be part of a formal and legally binding Data Processing
Security and Storage of Your personal data
- We store all data collected in a secure environment on servers located within the EU and only for as long as is
necessary However, despite our best efforts the Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security
of any information you send to us via the Internet. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you or
others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
- We automatically collect your IP address and record the web page from which you originated if you are using the
- Cookies are used to increase your security, not infringe on your privacy. Cookies are needed to monitor,
facilitate, administer and optimise the website and service for users and to earmark any possible technical
issues that may arise within the website or the service. We may use your IP address to help identify you, tend
to any difficulties and to gather demographic and profile information. We also use the ‘cookies’ to collect
information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and
the searches you conduct on our website.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your web browser setting to decline cookies. If
you choose to do this, you may not be able to avail yourself of some or all of the functionalities that the
website or the service may offer.
Third party cookies that we use:
online. We use this cookie to help us with analytical tasks such as seeing how many people are viewing certain
webpages and which parts of the site are most popular. The cookies that Google use are called __utma Cookie,
Doubleclick by Google
We use the New Relic service to monitor the performance of the website which helps us keep the site running
smoothly. See the following link for further information: https://newrelic.com/docs/general/what-cookiesdoes-newrelic-create
We use Pingdom to help monitor the performance of the website and to ensure that it's always fully operational.
See the following link for further information: https://www.pingdom.com/legal/cookie-policy
Access, Rectification and Erasure of your personal data
- You may request access to, rectification and/or erasure of any personal data which we hold about you under the
Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you would any data we
may hold about you to be completely deleted, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address
below. We will promptly endeavour to correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You may at any time unsubscribe with the site by visiting http://prizereactor.co.uk/unsubscribe
There will also be information on how you can unsubscribe at the bottom of each email that WRM sends out on
behalf of our selves or our sponsors.
Tel: 01924 229200
The Data Protection Officer
WRM Media Ltd
19 Appleton Court
Changes to this Policy
- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time
to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we make substantial changes to this policy, we will notify you