Who is Processing Your Personal Data?
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Personal Data
WRM is committed to protecting your data. We collect your personal data to help us understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about ours, and our trusted third parties (subject to your consent) products and services. We ensure policies and procedures are in place to protect the data you provide when registering to our sites, and we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you'll find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers. We work within the guidelines and advice provided by and made available by the Information Commissioner's Office, the regulator of the Data Protection Act 1998 and abide by the ICO’s requirements.
We seek to fully comply with the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, the Electronic EU Regulations 2011 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). If you wish to find out more, please visit https://ico.org.uk/
Our Purpose for Processing Your Personal Data
WRM has 3 main business purposes:
- To manage the participation of the registered individual in draws and/or promotions organised by us.
- To meet the purposes of funding our free websites. The commercial use of our competition website prizes are mainly funded by advertising and through the sending of commercial communications of named third parties, market and/or product/item reviews etc. To this end, it is necessary to submit the data of a consumer that registers on our site ("registered individual") to standardisation, filtering and verification. The categories and methods of marketing communication which the registered individual’s may receive will be determined, subject to their active consent. All Companies and Partners are listed on our site, prior to registering.
- To communicate, (via email, telephone or the chosen contact method) the data of interest to WRM selected companies and trusted partners ("named third party companies"). Advertising will be sent by these named third party companies, subject to explicit, active consent by the registered individual prior to signing up or registering to our websites.
We may also process your personal data where the benefits of doing so are not outweighed by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of individuals.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
The basis of legitimization for the purposes of our processing is:
- To manage the participation of the registered individual in draws, promotions and/or device testing campaigns organised by WRM as promoted directly via its owned sites, including marketing by us.
- For the fulfilment of a contract with selected Companies and trusted Partners.
- To carry out third party advertising campaigns / market studies by us where consent has been obtained from the registered individual.
- To communicate the registered individual’s data to companies, organisations and/or entities interested that they have actively consented to, in carrying out advertising campaigns / market studies.
- To share your data with Marketing Services Providers under the legal basis of Legitimate Interest for the purposes listed below
When you have given us clear and unambiguous permission to contact you in certain ways i.e. by email or by telephone, we process your data with your Consent. You can object to us processing your personal information for this purpose as described below, under the ‘Your Rights’ heading. We will minimize the data and process it only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes stated above, in accordance with Art. 5 (1), (c) of the GDPR);
Collection and Use of Your personal data
We collect your details when you register on one of our websites. ‘Personal data’ means the information you provide during the registration process and any information you provide when entering prize draws, quizzes, surveys or competitions. Registration is required to participate in any of the branded surveys on the site, but is not required to browse.
The categories of personal data we may collect from you upon registration of via visiting our website:
- Your name
- Your title
- Your date of birth
- Your contact information, including email and phone numbers
- Demographic information
- Your address and postcode
- Your IP address or other online identifiers such as Cookies
Use of Your Personal Data
We use your personal data collected via the WRM sites to:
- Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
- Provide you with a more personalised service
- Conduct market research
- Run prize draws and promotions
- Pass on your details to selected Companies and Trusted Partners which provide you with other offers and promotions of interest to you
- Share your data with third party companies who may contact you. These organisations will have a relationship with you or it may be used where they have a lawful reason, which may include these organisation's own legitimate interest. Use includes tracing of individuals, verification and/or validation of the identity of individuals for the purposes of, but not limited to, anti-money laundering regulations, national security, crime prevention and detection, enforcement, anti-fraud processes, asset recovery and asset reunification.
- For analysis purposes or to build data products. In these instances, the information is aggregated and wherever possible anonymised in line with the ICO’s code of practice. Again, these products are of a marketing nature.
We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors that will process data on our behalf (we retain full responsibility) for ensuring the data processor complies with this policy and all current data protection regulations).
Depending on the consents that you set up at the time of registration and what personal data we hold about you, we may pass your personal data to our partners who may contact you by post, email, SMS and telephone for direct marketing purposes.
We may share your data with selected third parties for marketing communications, market research, analysis, and to profile and extend their databases by appending additional information to an existing information they may already hold on you as their customer.
Email and Telephone/SMS data will only be released to third parties where you have given your positive consent (usually at the time of registration) allowing you to fully understand your registration preferences.
You can change or update your communication preferences at any time
Telephone data will only be released to carefully selected partners where it has been TPS’d (see ‘Opting Out’ below). Note: if you request a call from one of our sponsors or brand partners this will override the TPS.
We will only store your data in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. To read our Policy, click here.
Profile Matching (aka Profiling)
To enhance the services we provide, we aim to match your profile to third companies that we determine from analysis that will have goods or services that would be of interest to you. It makes sense for us to ensure that you only receive offers that are relevant to you and fit within the context of your lifestyle and available purchasing power.
The data that we provide to our third parties may be added to the information that they already hold about you. As an example, a car insurance company will check whether you have been a customer of theirs before. This is to ensure that they provide the right types of products, services and pricing to you.
When first contacting you, they always will seek your appropriate opt in and consent.
Data sharing in this way allows them to contact you in their own name about their products, services, promotions, offers and competitions.
Marketing to Children
We do not knowingly, deliberately or aim to, collect personal data from children under the age of 18, either for registration or for marketing purposes.
WRM and our trusted Partners, both sponsors of the site and particular surveys, may wish to contact you based on your profile, but will only do so subject to your consent and preferences. They operate within the following industry sectors:
- Claims Management
- Competitions and Prizes
- Deals, Offers, New Products, Services
- Electrical Services
- Employment & Recruitment
- Entertainment, Gaming, Leisure
- Fast Moving Commerical Goods (FMCG)
- Financial Products
- Funeral Plan
- Gambling and Lotteries
- Health and Beauty
- Home Improvements
- Home Improvements and Renovations
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Life assurance
- Mail Order
- Marketing Service Providers
- Mis-sold financial products
- Pension Reviews
- Pre-paid Funeral Plans
- Public Sector
- Retail & lifestyle
- Trace, Asset Repatriation and Debt Collection
You are in Control
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
Our registration forms will always have an unticked box for third party marketing, which you can optionally select to allow your personal data to be sent to our partners for direct marketing purposes.
You can control the channels of which you receive marketing, whether by email, phone, SMS or post by selecting the appropriate unticked box in our website forms, which determine the method by which you wish to be contacted.
Where consent has been previous obtained to us or our trusted partners to using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by going to the Marketing Preferences section of the website or emailing our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to:
- Obtain access to your personal data;
- Receive information about us and the purposes for which we process your personal data;
- Prevent processing which may cause you damage or distress;
- Object to direct marketing and select the contact channels by which we market;
- Object to purely automated decision-making in certain cases;
- You have the right to seek compensation through the civil courts for a breach of a data controller’s obligations;
- Ask us to correct any errors and/or delete the information we hold;
- Be forgotten by requesting all personal data collected from you, by us, be deleted completely from our database, systems and servers *;
- Opt out of any further contact by us or selected brand partners or sponsors;
- Be notified in the event of a data breach, where data lost or stolen involves your personal data; and
- Write to, report, or complain to your relevant supervisory authority, depending on your EU Member State (for UK data subjects, it is the ICO).
If you would like to amend/delete details or contact us in relation to the above, please contact using the ‘Contact Us’ page, alternatively send an email to email@example.com
Your Data and our Marketing Services Providers
We will share your data with the Marketing Services Providers listed below, who will use it as an input to products and services to help organisations better understand the likely characteristics of their customers; communicate with them more effectively; and find others like them across a range of marketing channels.
We do this on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to share data with our partners.
MSPs won’t contact you directly, but may build a profile about what characteristics, interests, or priorities people might have. MSPs combine several data sources including for example the open electoral register, Land Registry data and other sources. This enables their clients (banks, utilities, Local Authorities etc) to send you targeted direct marketing or create products or provide services which you might be interested in. For example, only sending 'first time buyer' mortgage offers to younger people in rental properties and not sending them offers for retirement cruises.
We usually only permit Marketing Services Providers to use these details to contact you for a pre-specified limited period. They, like us, are obliged to comply with all relevant data protection requirements regarding their holding and use of these details including screening (according to the method used to contact you) against the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and Mailing Preference Service (MPS) prior to use. Your IP address during registration (see 'Cookies' section 46 for more details) may also be shared with our partners for the purpose of validation.
Participating Marketing Services Providers may also use your personal data for the purposes of fraud prevention, e.g. anti-money-laundering and debt tracing according to their privacy policies.
To understand more please click through to the websites of the companies below.
- 79 Direct Ltd.
- Choice Core
- Consumer Benefits
- DD Marketing
- Data Locator Group Ltd.
- Data OD Ltd
- Demand Marketing Consultancy
- IPS Ltd.
- Koypo Laboratories
- Lead 365
- Lead Intelligence
- Noticed Ltd.
- PDV Ltd
- Play Million Casino (Medonia Marketing)
- Read Group
- Select Lifestyle
- Synergy Consumer Club
- Twenty CI Ltd.
- UK Lifestyle
- UK Preference
- UK Survey Group
- Veneficus (Magic Freebies)
If you'd like more information about our sponsors, please visit our sponsors page. A selection of our partners are listed below:
- A-Plan Holdings
- A1 Comms and its brands (Buy Mobiles.net, Affordable Mobiles and Phones.co.uk). With your consent, we may use your information to call you about money saving mobile phone offers and this may include conducting a network eligibility check
- AE43 Ltd t/a MyHomeSOS
- API Financial Services Ltd
- Accident Claim
- ApplicantPlus.co.uk (A Data OD Ltd Service)
- Aria Resorts
- Assisting Claims Ltd
- Aura Media Group
- BH Corporate TRADE KFt
- Bitstacker Ltd
- Bizfella Ltd
- Bonafide Mobile
- Boost Power
- Brazier Consulting Services Ltd
- Bulb Energy
- CMD Leads
- CPS Advisory Ltd
- CS WORX ltd
- Carpeo Estate Planning
- Carphone Warehouse (Carphone Warehouse may pass your details on to your mobile network for an upgrade check and, if eligible, CPW will retain your data for a future call about an upgrade offer.)
- Census Data
- Cheap Financial Claims Limited ta Fair Justice Claims
- Claims Helpdesk
- Claims Management Partnership llp
- Clarity Life Insurance Brokers
- Click Labs Group Partners
- Club La Costa (UK) Plc t/a CLC World Resorts & Hotels
- Compare Warehouse
- Core Financial Support Services Ltd
- Crystal Prospects
- Crystal Reviews Ltd
- Data OD Ltd
- Demand Marketing Consultancy
- Direct Data Services (DDS) Ltd
- Direct Travel Team Ltd.
- Discount Experts (part of Digitise Labs Ltd.)
- Dr Money Saver
- E (Gas and Electricity) Ltd.
- EM Group
- ESB Energy
- Easy Claims Collection Ltd.
- Easy Voyage UK
- Energy Saving Centre
- Equiniti Data
- Expert Claims
- Export and General Insurance Services Limited
- First Line Finance
- Free Spins Wizard
- Freshback Media
- Future Legal Services
- GBG Plc.
- GMXperts Limited
- Get Protect
- Global University Systems
- Go Life Protect
- Green Star Energy
- Grove Pension Solutions
- HPAS LTD T/A Safestyle UK
- Hatchster Ltd
- Health Window
- Herriard Financial
- Homeshield Direct Ltd
- Hutchison 3G UK
- Independent Financial Matters Ltd
- Injury Claim
- Intelling Ltd.
- Interactive Results Ltd.
- Introjuice Ltd
- Jackpots Slotty
- Koypo Laboratories
- LAA (Londons Air Ambulance)
- Lead 365
- Lead Creative
- Let's Play
- Life Secure
- Lloyd James Media Ltd. (Lloyd James Media Group)
- MAA (Midlands Air Ambulance)
- Marketing Punch
- Marriage Tax Allowance
- Medical Leaf
- Mega Casino
- Merkle One UK Ltd.
- Met Office
- Mindflow Marketing Ltd t/a Chosen Money
- Motion DM
- Nabuh Energy
- Need Me Media
- Neilson Financial (BSIA)
- Noticed Ltd.
- O2 Limited
- OVO Energy
- Octopus Energy Ltd.
- Octopus Investments
- Offer Tonic
- One Family Insurance
- Orange Buddies
- Orbit Energy Limited
- OVO Energy Ltd
- PERLIGO LIMITED
- POP SHELL Energy
- PRG Group
- Peoples Energy
- Pine Hill Associates Ltd
- Play Million Casino (Medonia Marketing)
- Portal Leads
- Precision Financial
- Prime Gaming
- Prize Reactor
- Prominent Contact
- Promis Life
- Prosperous Life
- Quote Selector Ltd
- RS Datatech (UKCreditRatings.com is a trading name of RSDataTech, Ltd (Registration No. 8282923): No data is shared, unless you request to review your credit file and supply your data willingly.)
- Ramsey Lomax Ltd.
- Reclaim Finance
- Red Rock Film Investment
- Renew Financial Management (PFP)
- Renew Life trading style of Renew Financial Management ltd
- Restoration Media
- Results Generation
- Retirement Wise
- Review for You
- S&A Advertising Ltd.
- Scottish Power
- Shell Energy
- Sky UK Limited (Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD) https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-privacy-and-cookies-notice
- Smart Life Insurance
- Smart Protect Ltd
- Snowdrop Energy
- So Energy
- Sovereign Planning Ltd.
- Spark Energy Ltd
- Super Free Bingo & Slots
- Super card Black
- Switch Your Provider
- Synergy Consumer Club
- TOTO Energy
- TPD Wealth Management Ltd
- TV Licensing
- Tax Returned Limited
- The Advisory Network
- The Data Gym
- The Digital Giants
- The Smart Card Store
- Tibu Media SL
- True Debt Solutions
- True Equity Release
- True Funeral Plan
- UK Credit Ratings
- Uk Changes
- Utilita Energy Limited
- Veneficus (Magic Freebies)
- Verso Group
- Vigor Marketing
- Virgin Media
- WRM Media
- WRM Media Ltd.
- We Breathe Media Partners
- We Insure Ltd
- Wilson Morris
- Wyndan Group
- Your Last Wish
For information on how to opt out of this sharing, log in and go to the Account Details section
Entering a Prize Draw
Your Registration Details, that you submit when entering the competition will be used to administer the competition and as follows:
If you enter a prize draw which is sponsored by us, this personal data may be, subject to your consent, shared with our Marketing Services Providers.
Opting In / Opting Out
You have the option of Opting In or Out of receiving marketing communications from ourselves and our partners at any time, including at registration.
When registering your details, your permission will be sought to:
- Receive offers and updates by email, telephone and post from selected third party companies which we believe will be of interest.
- Agree that our trusted partners may contact you with more interesting offers by telephone.
You will be required to acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to our terms prior to registration.
WRM will always remain transparent in disclosing how we intend to process your data, and where your data may be passed on, subject to your consent and preferences upon registration. All companies and partners we work with will be named, and the categories in which they operate in will be made available to you. These opt-ins are optional and only when you put a tick in the box will you consent to receive additional marketing communication.
You may change your preferences at any time via the "Account Details" pages once you are registered.
Third-party providers are able to send you communications via email, post, SMS or telephone only until such time as you exercise your right to opt out of receiving such communications. However please be aware that marketing campaigns are often planned well in advance, so your changes will be accepted immediately, but may not be effective immediately.
Opting Out – Additional Information
You can unsubscribe or opt out from any communications from our scheme or any third-party brand at any time as indicated above, but you may also wish to consider the following for a more general Opt-Out.
Opting Out – Postal Contact
You can withdraw your consent for postal marketing from anyone by adding your details to the Mail Preference Service. For more details please go to www.mpsonline.org.uk
Opting Out – Email or SMS (text message) Contact
You can unsubscribe from receiving e-mail or SMS marketing communications from any individual third-party by using the instructions in any email communication such third-party sends you (usually an ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘STOP’ link).
Opting Out – Telephone calls
To withdraw your consent for live or automated calls from anyone, you can add your name to the Telephone Preference Service which is maintained at this website address: www.tpsonline.org.uk
Opting Out – Social Media
You can configure your advertising preferences on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest by accessing your settings or preference options on the relevant platform.
Data Safety Outside the European Union
You should be aware that some external data processors may be based outside the European Union, whose laws provide a different standard of protection than that provided under English law. We will not release your data to a non-EU country processor without performing proper due diligence as to the standards of data protection within the specified country and proof of compliance with the standards of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation. Such requirements will be part of a formal and legally binding Data Processing agreement.
Security and Storage of Your personal data
We store all data collected in a secure environment on servers located within the EU and only for as long as is necessary However, despite our best efforts the Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us via the Internet. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We automatically collect your IP address and record the web page from which you originated if you are using the service’s website.
Cookies are used to increase your security, not infringe on your privacy. Cookies are needed to monitor, facilitate, administer and optimise the website and service for users and to earmark any possible technical issues that may arise within the website or the service. We may use your IP address to help identify you, tend to any difficulties and to gather demographic and profile information. We also use the ‘cookies’ to collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your web browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to do this, you may not be able to avail yourself of some or all of the functionalities that the website or the service may offer.
Third party cookies that we use:
Pingdom We use Pingdom to help monitor the performance of the website and to ensure that it's always fully operational. See the following link for further information: https://www.pingdom.com/legal/cookie-policy
LiveRamp Inc. LiveRamp Inc., will drop a cookie on your browser and match the shared information to their on- and offline marketing databases and those of its advertising partners to create a link between your browser and those other databases; this link shall be shared by our partners globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or advertising throughout your online experience (cross device, web, email and in app…) by third parties unaffiliated with our website who may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. Please click here if you wish to opt out of your data being used for this purpose.
Access, Rectification and Erasure of your personal data
You may request access to, rectification and/or erasure of any personal data which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you would any data we may hold about you to be completely deleted, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly endeavour to correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may at any time unsubscribe with the site by visiting http://prizereactor.co.uk/unsubscribe There will also be information on how you can unsubscribe at the bottom of each email that WRM sends out on behalf of ourselves or our sponsors.
Tel: 01924 229200
WRM Media Ltd
19 Appleton Court
Right to complain
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority where you live, where you work or where the infringement took place. In the UK, this is the ICO, and their contact details are below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we make substantial changes to this policy, we will notify you via email.
 We may reserve the right to retain personal data where a reasonable expectation exists in order to fulfill an obligation. This may include suppression, ie. to "block" future communications received by request of the data subject, a regulatory authority or by law. In this event, the data subject will be informed accordingly of our reliance on this expectation(s).