Data Retention Policy Last Updated: 2018-05-17
Sites operated by WRM
What data does WRM retain about people?
- First Name
- Postal Address
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Date of registration
- IP Address
Why does WRM retain data
We retain data via our websites to:
- Provide the user with information about new prizes, winners the products and services WRM offers they may be
- Provide the user with a more personalised service
- Run competitions and promotions
- Enable users to log in to our websites
- To send partner offers via email, but only if the user specifically and optionally opts in to receive email
- To license telephone records to selected partners, but only if the user specifically and optionally opts in to
receive email promotions.
Length of period data is retained
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from email communications if they do not click or open an email within
the first 30 emails sent.
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from email communications if there is inactivity (Open or Click an
email) for a period of 6 months.
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from partner telephone marketing 24 months after signup.
- All users are automatically unsubscribed from partner direct mail marketing 24 months after signup.
- All users have the opportunity to change their marketing preferences at any time by logging in to their Account
Details on the website.
- 24 months after registering all inactive users are removed from our member base and placed in the suppression
table. An inactive member is classed as anyone who has not opened or clicked an email for a period of 6 months.
- If a user requests to be deleted, they must confirm they want this to happen by email and then all personal data
is moved to the suppression table. We store their details in case of regulatory issues and to make sure no
further marketing is sent to them - As a business we fell that this is covered as a legitimate interest.
- Users are stored in our suppression file indefinitely, this is to make sure the data subject receives no further
communication from WRM, unless the expressively request this by opting in to the site again. We store the following
details to support that aim:
- Email Address
- Phone Number(s)